12.2.11

My Art Life

it all started when i was 3 or 4, i guess..
my brother was doing his homework, helped by my Oma (grandma),
then i remembered having this habit of being there when they did that.. and since i didn't have anything to do, (well, i couldn't really think much, could i?)
so they always gave me a slice of paper and pencil or pen (depends on what they have free lying there, unused)
but instead of scratching the paper randomly, like normal kids would do, (that what normal kids would do rite..? rite...? ......rite...? )
i always find the pictures, that was printed on the middle of that paper was more interesting, (it was a picture of Bugs Bunny) so what i did back then was, start tracing them, i mean i follow the line that was already in the picture until i get a picture of bugs bunny with a black lining.
After a few times of lining/tracing pictures, i start to copy the pictures of that bugs bunny into another paper, which my Oma said as quite impressing, i remembered her saying, "although you're copying them, you're not supposed to be that GOOD" (and yea.. of course it was in Indonesian.. oh but wait... or was it in chinese? i can't quite remember..)
and then when i began to go to kindergarten, i learnt all this fun stuffs of course, but what i remembered the most was, one of my friend had this comic, it was "Cardcaptor Sakura", i couldn't really understand what it was about until i am able to read, which is in the first grade, so then i started to make comic like that (well it was hardly one, cause it was only in a piece of paper) and it a "Stick Figure" comic.
P.S: i still have them until now, its in my old room cabinet in Indonesia

After the Stick-Figure-Phase, when i was in the 3rd or 4th grade i started to copy "Powerpuffs Girls"
(Fun Facts: i was crazy about Powerpuffs Girls, i find them really inspiring, and random, and crazy. I even wear a Powerpuffs-Girls-Bag to school, which made me got mocked a lot back then, cause i was the only boy with a "girly" bag, but i think prefer the term "become famous" for it :P)

Back then i drew a lot of Powerpuffs Girls, Hatori, and Power Rangers, but with my own story line, i even created a couple new characters for each of those comics.
it was really fun. i guess
And then on the 5th or 6th grade, i started to make my own story line and my own characters.
My very first comic was ADKA, it was a bit "Sailormoon"-inspired. And some other comics that i can't really remember the titles.

In junior high, i made some new comics, the one that i remember the most is, the story of three witch sisters, fighting the evil, wearing costumes, that changes every fight, its kinda a mix of Sakura and Charmed, i guess. lol ;P

and then, in the beginning of my high school year, i made Phobia, in which i really put my thoughts into.
i prepared all the characters very very carefully, i went through every detail of the characters, it was really fun. i also even made the plot and story line for it. But i never really put my hands on work for it, cause then i started to prepare for my portfolio for college applications.
I started to focus on my drawing technics, with portraits, landscapes, etc.
And i handled my self better around pencils, coloured pencils, brushes, watercolour, oil colours, etc.

And now i focus on other things, like how i see things..
and how to lose my thoughts while i draw..
how to exactly draw what i see, not only what i think i see..
instead of drawing from a photo (like i did before with portraits)
i now learn how to draw real-life stuffs..

and if you ask me where will i go from here
i honestly have no idea how to answer that question..
let's just say that i prefer to live in the present..
:D

P.S: most of my comics are written in Bahasa Indonesia, which is my mother tongue, except for Phobia, i've made the first draft, and its in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment